Tuesday, May 5, 2009

YUM! Whiskey Sours



So in my continued desire to master some basic mixology skills for life next year with my friend Ali, I've decided tonight to try my hand at homemade sours mix.

It turns out it's quite easy. Just a simple syrup and some fresh squeezed lemon/ lime juice. I can't believe, in fact, how anyone would purchase this when it's so easy and quick to make!

Homemade Sours Mix

I love ratio recipes:

2 parts juice : 3 parts simple syrup.

I used slightly over 1 cup of juice made from 4 lemons and 2 limes (lemon with a hint of lime offers a nice balance). So, the way this works out, if you have roughly 1 cup of juice, you need about 1.5 cups of simple syrup which breaks down into 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water. Dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to just a boil. Remove from heat and let it cool. Add the juice and you're done - time to get your drink on.



I hope you approve of my sours mix container... reuse is better than recycling after all :-)



Whiskey Sours are my new fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment