Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekend Plans...

This weekend I'm thinking of going back to my roots with the savory and make a nice pot of soup, so maybe no news there, but sweets wise I decided, since I need to cut down on my sugar intake, and my dad's diabetic, why not try my hand at something delicious yet sugar free? Sure I could just substitute fake sweetener of some kind in a recipe, but you're either greatly increasing the density of your food or you're significantly decreasing the volume (based on whether you use a cup for cup sweetener or substitute individual packets). I keep thinking sugar-free cookies as these dense little balls (although my mom has made some delightfully tender ones before).

I think sugar-free baked goods require a re-imagining of the recipe altogether. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment