Friday, May 15, 2009

This Weekend...

This weekend will likely entail some delightful goodies. I haven't made something sweet lately, so I'm going to try my hand at cupcakes. My inspiration for these guys is the time I've spent in Italy. Gelateria's are everywhere, and my favorite combination of flavors was always coffee and coconut. It may sound strange, but the sweet nuttiness of coconut really brings out coffee's natural nuttiness; they compliment each other really well. That said, I'm planning some coffee flavored cupcakes with coconut frosting. The frosting will be tricky since I don't have a mixer of any kind on hand. I may have to cheat a little, but we'll see.

On a savory note, my friend Rebecca B came back with the most delicious cilantro chicken the other night. She made it after we had a wonderful cilantro chicken dish at a local chinese restaurant. I'm definitely going to try and remake it--here's hoping it's as magical... it's kind of a weird mexican/asian fusion... bot oh so amazing...

recipes/experiences to come :P

No comments:

Post a Comment