Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mini-update

Sadly, the town of Athens, Ohio does not have anything like a CSA. I don't really even know what a CSA is - it seems to be something that you pay money into and each month you get fresh vegetables. It definitely sounds like a good investment to me.

However, what Athens does have is a colleague of mine, Kate Nuernberger and what Kate has is chickens. About 8 of them. And they lay rainbow colored eggs. And they're delicious. Two dollars a dozen. How can you beat that?!


Effing picture... I need some adobe software like woah

Also in this update - whatever happened to those Nocino walnuts? Well those little guys are good for lots of things. After the Nocino is bottled, I put some sweet marsala wine over the walnuts and made this delicious fruity, cinnamon-y, walnut-y, apperetif. It's also perfect for this weather. Let it sit for a month, and you're good to go. I'm ready to bottle this and enjoy it nearly every chance I get.



Even after this, I've heard of the walnuts being removed from their shells and used in homemade spumanti. I don't think I'll go quite that far, but the apperetif allows you to enjoy some delicious walnut-y booze right now. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment