Sunday, October 11, 2009

Keeping it cheap and easy...

So I decided to mesh cheap and easy with ridculous and delicious this week. On the cheap and easy side is Lentil Soup from a previous blog post. It's affordable and good for warming the cockles of your heart. Not to mention it's high in fiber and protein - yay.

I started with the same Lentil Soup recipe that I used last winter.

I did make a few changes: I'm using these beautiful homegrown leeks in the recipe, melted, in place of onions.



I decided to use a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, as well, in lieu of diced tomatoes. Since I don't have an immersion blender, this version was not pureed smooth (a factor that made me want to use the crushed tomatoes).

Also, due to my lack of an immersion blender, this recipe is not pureed, but it is a nice, chunky vegetable soup, and it's hearty and warming to boot.



Oh yes, and the "ridiculous and delicious" portion... that is to come but, be prepared... I'm thinking it's maple and bacon ice cream time.

No comments:

Post a Comment