Friday, April 24, 2009

This Weekend...

Is my grandmother's 80th birthday!!! So I won't be cooking on Saturday. However I am going to be trying this cleanse. I've felt my eating habits getting a bit out of whack lately and I feel like I need something to bring everything back down. Originally I was thinking of a 2 or 3 day fast, but I'm always wary of those, even if you drink tea or whatnot.

And don't get me started on the creepy/shadyness of the master cleanse's honey/lemon/cayenne concoction.

I do know of a couple tricks that should help though, and, hey, I still get to eat. I'll probably post these and results for future reference. They basically entail boiling a bunch of fresh veggies, drinking the water early in the day and eating the veggies throughout, and refreshing myself with a cucumber mint basil water. A couple days/ a week of that, and regular intake of fruit should help even things out.

Oh, and this seems tangential and counterproductive, but I've already made the plans: Linguine Bolognese for dinner on Sunday! :)

Recipes and updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment