Friday, April 17, 2009

Clean-Up and This weekend's theme: *drumroll*

BRUNCH!!!

Anyone that's known me any amount of time should know of my fondness of brunch and hosting brunch.

This weekend's menu consists of potato latkes (recipe to come), scrambled eggs (recipe not to come so much because they're scrambled eggs), and bloody mary cocktails (part 3 in my fun with booze series... fyi I like them hot!).

Typically, I must be honest, my brunch fair consists of cinnamon rolls and quiche. However, it's getting warmer out and really, let's be honest, this whole meal is designed around getting to drink vodka at 9 in the morning.

Oh, and a note on cinnamon rolls - my recipe is old, I've been making it for like 6 years roughly, and I was the first to put mashed potatoes in my dough. Okay, maybe not the first, but when I saw a recipe containing my secret ingredient in this month's Bon Apetit I was disappointed :(

Also, I never updated my post for Easter dinner. I made an orange glazed ham (which turned into some pretty tasty ham salad), garlic and sage mashed potatoes, and tarragon peas. Sadly, due to my not being used to really making any of that it only turned out fair. I was happy with everything, but nothing WOW-ed me. Note to self: fresh tarragon + tarragon vinegar = good, round flavor on green veggies.

But onward and upward; stay tuned for BRUNCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment