Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fun with Booze! Epic fail...

So I've had this idea a while. It started last quarter when I made some really spicy, really yummy hot toddies for I and some friends. Then the magic happened; I made those sage brown butter pecan cookies.

Gradually, I thought... what about a brown butter rum drink? It sounds damned tasty. Then I thought, why not pecans there too? The brown butter will already have this nutty taste going on, and I love the taste of pecans; this is just what a hot toddy is missing!

Well I made the pecan brown butter (then salted and nommed on some tasty pecans). I added the brown sugar and cinnamon, both requisites for a hot toddy. And, truthfully, I was afraid I may have even overbrowned the butter. However, when I used it to make the drinks, the taste of the alcohol really over powered it to the extent that you couldn't tell whether or not I had browned the butter - there was no nutty taste of any kind :(

So no, I didn't explode the kitchen, and thus maybe it was not an epic fail, but still... one day, I will fix this problem... one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment