Thursday, March 26, 2009

Slacker

So I've been a slacker lately. The maple bacon ice cream was a no go... I didn't have time to work out the logistics or to actually make it :(

The cake, while tasty, was definitely sub par in the looks department; here are the better pictures of it...

Before the frosting:


And two shots after the frosting:




I should make it a point to mention I was trying to mimic the top tier of the snow white cake over at Cake Nouveau (second from the left in the center row). In all fairness I only had one or two decent looks at the picture, and didn't have a bottom tier or anything. Basically it was Snow White's abstract bust.

And then there are the ever amazing, best ultimate cookies in the world... even better without pecans, if I do say so myself


But sadly, that was all the baking I got to do. I really need to practice my fondant skills, but I need to find a way to do so that doesn't involve going to the trouble of baking an orange buttermilk cake with lemon curd and lemon white chocolate mousse filling and cream cheese white chocolate frosting. It, by the way, was delightful. I guess in the future I could just use a cardboard cake or instant cake. Still... a 3 layer 9-inch cake is a LOT of cake.

It definitely was not a total baking loss over the weekend. Speaking of weekends, get ready... Fun with Booze-time this weekend, and likely something savory, as I need food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment