Monday, July 12, 2010

Homemade Coffee Liqueur

I'm not even sure where I got this recipe from, but I heard about it on one cooking show or another. Homemade coffee liqueur? I was doubtful. And truthfully, it's not really on par with Kahlua or other coffee liqueurs... it's something else though, something delicious. You can drink this straight; it's really not that strong. What's even better is mixing it with milk; because of the vodka, it's like an instant White Russian. Mixed with coffee and cream, it makes a pretty heavenly drink as well.

Homemade Coffee Liqueur

3 cups vodka

2 cups sugar (vanilla sugar works wonders here)
2 cups water

1/2 cup instant coffee
1 tbsp good vanilla

Combine the sugar and the water in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let it cool and add the instant coffee and vanilla.

In another container, pour in the vodka, followed by the coffee, vanilla syrup. Let it set for about 1 - 2 weeks, shaking it every day. After a week or two, you're ready to have fun.



I will say that this makes quite a bit of liqueur and, in the future, I may only half the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment