Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Update.

The food here may kill me. I mean, yeah I'm in France, but it's nothing more than summer camp food.

Weird, French summer camp food.

Blech.

Like cold canned vegetables eaten with mayonaise. Or weird animal that I swear had to be rabbit. Or strange little white root vegetable that was not a turnip or parsnip.

Occasionally we're fortunate enough to have something pretty delicious for dessert like eclairs or cream puffs, for example. These delightful treats made me realize how much I need to make some pate chaux when I get home. Either for dessert or with cheese and herps for something savory, I must perfect this really simple pastry dough.

Also, if I hadn't mentioned it, I'm going to start making my own bread. I figure if I want to eat it, I had better learn how to make it. I'd like to work up to a heart french loaf studded with kalmata olives and feta cheese.

More thoughts to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment