Monday, April 13, 2009

YUM! Breakfast

So since I've been on this muffin kick, and I've given them away (for the most part) I figured I'd make some good muffins for breakfast this week. That and I've got just a wee bit of brown rice flour left and three ripe bananas to use.

Banana Nut Muffins

3 ripe bananas mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar (I used half and half brown/white)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp espresso
1 1/2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half brown rice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
pinch o' salt
1 cup pecans

These are great, almost-one-bowl muffins. Mix the melted butter and bananas together. Mix in the sugar well. Add the the egg, followed by the vanilla and espresso. Next add the flour, cinnamon, salt, and sprinkle over the baking soda to assure even distribution. Mix just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, fill your muffin tin (it made about 10 for me, but muffin tin sizes can vary). Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes and you'll have some amazingly delicious muffins.


YUM! Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment