Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Best Cookies in All the Land, part deux!

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

(as an english major I feel the need to say that by 'ultimate' I simply mean that these will be the last cookies you will ever have to make)

1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar

1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla

2 cups bread flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

8oz semisweet chocolate (like ghiradelli), chopped
4oz pecans
fluer de sel

Combine the butter and brown sugar, mixing thoroughly (as usual my implement of choice is a big wooden spoon). Beat the eggs and vanilla lightly and add to the butter/sugar mixture. Sift the dry ingredients together, add in 3 additions to the wet, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Finally, add the chocolate and chopped pecans. Chill the batter thoroughly before continuing. Make wonderfully large cookies on the baking sheet (I usually fit about 6 - 8 per sheet) and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes... I've found oven temps and times can really vary so definitely check after 15 minutes.



I'd also regret not mentioning that I first got this recipe from The Foodie at Fifteen's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment