Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Best Cookies in All the Land

Well, I suppose as the first, inaugural, post I should tell you about myself...

Screw that, I'm currently making the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. That's, at least, how they're described. Truth be told, I'm a fan of chewy chocolate chip cookies. Of course, I enjoy all kinds (peanut butter cookies come in a close second). I don't feel at liberty to divulge the recipe just yet, as they are currently baking and the recipe, truthfully, is not wholly mine. I will say it's very similar to Alton Brown's chewy chocolate chip cookie variation.




Now, the peanut butter cookies... those are totally mine and totally delicious. Plus, if you have friends with allergies *I'm looking at you, Kath* they are gluten-free and could not be easier to make.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup Peanut Butter (I prefer the chunky natural kind... smooth or chunky the choice is yours)

1 cup Brown Sugar, packed

1 egg

Combine all ingredients until mixed well (I just use a big wooden spoon). Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. If the dough is too moist add another tablespoon or two of brown sugar until you can handle it. Dip a fork in some sugar, make the classic criss-cross pattern then bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until puffy and just barely brown around the edges. Take them out and let them cool almost completely on the baking sheet. These cookies are best completely cool and taste great days after you make them. Since they are thin, one of my personal favorite things to do is sandwich them with even more peanut butter.



It's like a peanut butter heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment